Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another Yummy Pizza


This is pretty much just a picture and description kind of post. For this pizza we used focaccia for the crust (just like for the rustic garlic onion pizza I made earlier), then topped it with seasoned tomato sauce, shredded mozzarella, turkey sausage, and chopped onion. Yum!


The crust turned out really good. I spread it nice and thin, so it would get really crispy. The outside was crispy, but I think the sauce kept the middle too moist. It tasted great though, despite not being crispy-crunchy like I had wanted. I think I'll plan on using the focaccia recipe for sauce-less pizzas, and a regular yeast crust for saucy pizzas. That being said, this was a very tasty pizza!

2 comments:

Sheryl Smith-Rodgers said...

Hey, neat blog! For fun, I like to click on "Next blog" to see what pops up and where the blogger lives (sometimes on the other side of the world). YOURS popped up.

I enjoy recipes, especially easy ones. So I'll have to check back sometimes with you.

Best, sheryl

Aggie said...

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for visiting my blog!

I like the looks of this pizza...I can eat pizza almost any day of the week!! I'll have to read more about your foccacia crust.

Good luck with your garden! This has been my most successful turn at gardening, I visit with it often (lol...to get a break from the kids) and water it often so maybe that's all it takes??