Monday, June 23, 2008

The New Man in my Life

Honey, don't get mad. I hope you'll understand. I never wanted to hurt you. But there's a new man in my life.

I invited him over for lunch today. I couldn't help it - he's so good-looking! He was a perfect gentleman in every way. He smiled the whole time, and flirted outrageously. He showed a great sense of style in his white pants and yellow buttons. The red shoes were a great accent to complete the outfit. By the way, he's blond.


Zaylee and I were totally smitten. We absolutely adored him and his irresistible smile. I think we'll invite him over more often.


Zaylee had a little friend over too.


Hot Dog Men
Enough hot dogs to feed your family
Macaroni and cheese

Make a slit down the middle of one end of each hot dog; this will be the legs. At the other end, make a small slit each side; these will be the arms. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, and add the hot dogs. Boil for about 5 minutes until the slits open up.

Serve mac and cheese on plates; top each plate with a hot dog man. Use ketchup, mustard, and mayonnaise for face, clothes, buttons, hair.

And smile! These are too cute not to!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Ha! Too cute. My kids like the "octopuses" and I make "worm sandwiches" quite often too. I had one of their friends convinced we were going to eat actual worms.... :-)

Unknown said...

this is so cute. i just popped into your blog and i love it. i will be back for sure!

Southern Plate said...

I love it! How precious! I've made the octopus before but this is SO much better!!!

LisaRene said...

These little hot dog people are soooo cute! Great idea! There should be a roundup for "kid friendly food ideas", this would be a hit!

Love the look of your new blog template!